Monday, August 19, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

It has literally rained all summer long. Everyday it seems like, no joke. When Carter and I loaded up and headed to the grocery store it was not raining. (It had been earlier that morning but had stopped for a while.) As we were pulling out of the driveway it started misting. I was hopeful we would make it to Publix before it was raining too hard but that was wishful thinking. The closer we got the harder it rained. As my windshield wipers were going back and forth on the fastest speed, I caught myself humming "rain, rain, go away, come again another day." True story. Once we parked, I climbed through to the backseat, unbuckled Carter and put her on the seat beside me. By this time, it is pouring rain. We opted to watch and wait it out. A few minutes later we hopped out and ran inside. 
After shopping, it was still raining but not bad enough to make us wait it out. Carter and I ran to the car, buckled up and drove to the door where our bag boy was waiting to put our groceries in the car. We made it home safely...but the whole shopping trip took a little longer than planned. So thankful Carter-Bug was such a good shopping buddy!

*Notice how old she looks sitting up in the seat by herself. I can't believe our little baby girl is growing up so fast. These pictures make me think about what she will look like in the future sitting in the backseat...time needs to slow down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment