Wednesday, August 21, 2013

New Sippy Cup

We first bought Carter a Dr. Brown's pink sippy cup. It was cute and since she has exclusively used Dr. Brown's bottles we figured we'd stick with a brand that we knew. Carter tried it on multiple occasions but it had handles on it that spun around, making it hard for her to get the spout in her mouth. Plus, it was a no leak sippy and she actually had to suck to get her water out. It just wasn't working for us. 

Plan B. Look for a sippy cup with no handles, larger spout, and free-flowing. Yes, that is right, free-flowing...no valve thing for her to have to suck on. Yes, it would be nice not to have to worry about the drippies but I wanted to see how she would do without. 

I put some water in the new cup and handed it to her. (Probably should have put a bib on her too...but oh well.) She immediately found the spout, turned it up, and out came the water (overflowing from her mouth). So what she got a little wet, but after a few tries she started to figure it out. I know it will take some time for her to get used to this type of cup but I will say she did much better with this one than the first one. I think we will be sticking with this kind for a couple weeks and see how she does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment