Monday, October 28, 2013

Kisses

Carter and I had been playing on the floor in our den for a few minutes. She was calm and watching me talk to her. It was the closest thing to having a conversation with her. For every few words I would say she would make a sweet sound. She looked so cute sitting up like a big girl.  We were both still in our pj's but I couldn't help but notice how sweet she looked. Wearing her pink striped jammies and still in her chevron sleep sack, I leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek and said, "I love you."

She looked at me and smiled her little toothy grin. I leaned back over and put my cheek in front of her face and said, "Give mommy a kiss." To my surprise, she leaned in and gave me an open mouth kiss! It was the first time she had ever actually leaned purposefully to give a kiss! So of course I had to try it again to see if it was a one time deal or if she really would do it again. And she did! She gave me multiple "kisses" in a row, each time pulling back smiling as I would clap and say "Yay, sweet kisses!" She thought it was so funny.

We had practiced a few times later that afternoon and she was still doing it just as she gave me a kiss the first time. I figured out  that she had to be calm and watching my face for her to actually do it. So when Case came home, she was sitting in the Bumbo and I asked her to give me a kiss. I thought he would be impressed and want to see if she would do it for him too...but nope, she was out of kisses. Apparently she had given them all to me earlier in the day. Oops! Maybe tomorrow she will save some for daddy.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment