Monday, June 17, 2013

First Ride in a Grocery Cart

The day had come. I was ready to attempt putting Carter in the kid's seat of the grocery cart.

Prior to this, both Casey and I would go together to the grocery store and one of us push Carter in her stroller (or carry her) and the other would push the grocery cart. But here I am, first week as a stay-at-home-mom and I have big plans of having a hot, homemade dinner on the table when Casey gets home from work...but how do you do that? You have to have groceries.

We loaded up and went to Publix. I pulled in and spotted a problem right off the bat. Where are all the grocery carts? Not a single one in any of the stations in the parking lot. I thought to myself, "Man, the weekday bag boys were really doing their job!" I waited for a man to unload his cart then I snagged it. I managed to get Carter's seat cover on and set up my bags in the cart. Got her buckled in and ready to go!
We made it inside and she was still fascinated by the little book that is attached to the cover. I made sure to have a few other toys just in case she needed something else to occupy her while I was shopping.
As we went up and down the aisles, she started to get tired and super wobbly. Half way through the store we had to 're-adjust'. We had to improvise by using her glow worm and burp cloth as a pillow and instead of sitting up, she laid down. But hey, we got everything on our list and there were no tears!
That is a win-win in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment