My bag (let's be real, my suitcase) is almost packed...minus my few last minute things. I've got my to do list on a clip board sitting on my night stand just in case I wake up during the night and need to make a note for in the morning. The last load of laundry just finished up in the dryer. The house is clean (except for the trash that is being taken to the dump tomorrow.) Casey has finally started to pack his bag and get his toiletries together. I've cleaned out the car and the car seat is properly installed.
Now, as I lay in bed, I am regretting the Mexican we ate for dinner. When I agreed to go to Monterey's with my family, I told myself that it would not give me heartburn. But who was I kidding? The chips and salsa, enchilada, and the rice are burning my throat as I lay here with a million thoughts running through my head. I wonder if my mom's old saying of "The more heartburn, the more hair" is true or not? If so, Carter is going to come out with a head full!
I am looking forward to what the doctor will say tomorrow at our noon-ish appointment. I'm very thankful that mom is going with me as Casey will be trying to squeeze a half day of work in so he can have the maximum amount of time off once Carter Arrives. We have already been told that our doctor has a full day of patients tomorrow so I chose to be her last patient before her lunch break. Either she will let me go home and come back to the hospital Thursday morning to be induced or she will tell me I will need to come back between 4 and 7 pm and stay the night to get things moving for the induction Thursday morning. My gut instinct is telling me I will be staying tomorrow night but who knows? I am feeling more pressure and having more pains tonight as I lay in bed than I have the whole pregnancy. Maybe Carter is getting herself ready for what's to come...or maybe my body is a little excited and going crazy at the thought that this could be the last night of sleeping in my own bed with her in my belly. Either way, I'm excited/anxious/ready for whatever the next couple of days will bring!
No comments:
Post a Comment