38 Weeks have almost come and gone...pretty fast I might add. Casey and I keep looking at each other saying only one more week!
The nursery is almost completely finished. Curtains are up. The mirror is a work in progress. The wall decal is still under construction but hopefully will be up by Carter's arrival. Her closet is full and very well organized, I might add. Dad put up the closet organizer which gave us so much more storage than the existing one rod across the top. We've washed most of the bigger 0-3 months clothes but still waiting to see exactly how big Miss Carter will be.
At 36 weeks, we went in for an ultrasound to have her measured and came out with news that we were in for a chunky monkey at 8lbs 10oz with three weeks left to go. The doctor said this measurement could be off by + or - 2 pounds and the technician told us her personal range was + or - 1 to 1 1/2 pounds. Either way, sounded like she was gonna be a big baby.
At 38 weeks, we were scheduled for another ultrasound to have another measurement check. The doctor wondered if she had just gone through a growth spurt two weeks before. This time the ultrasound tech did three different measurement screenings. The first one projected her to weigh 8lbs 2oz, the second one projected 8lbs 6 oz, and the third one projected 8lbs 13oz. They went with the third weight and said it was probably the most accurate. During this ultrasound, we got to watch her drink the fluid and see a side view of her face. She had her legs up to her stomach and seemed pretty content until the tech cleaned the jelly off my belly, which made her wiggle. Even the ultrasound tech made a comment about all her movement after she was finished.
Our next appointment is around lunch time on Wednesday. This is when we will find out if they are going to admit us the night before the scheduled induction on Thursday or not. Fingers crossed they will just tell us to come back Thursday morning at 6am but if not, that's okay too...We are just excited to meet baby Carter!
With my belly as pronounced as it is, I am finding it harder and harder to do certain things:
- In my classroom: I used to be able to say, "Excuse me can I squeeze by?" when my kids were lined up and waiting to go out the door. Not now, seems like every time I try, I always end up saying, "Oops! Sorry, I didn't mean to bump you in the face!" One day, after I asked if I could squeeze through one of my students flat out told me "No" and smiled. It was all I could do not to laugh.
- At school: This past week, walking down the hall and keeping up with my students in line has been hard. Thank goodness there is a stop sign at the beginning of our hall which allows me time to catch up. My other amazing teammates on my team have even been taking the kids out to recess for me and doing by duty because it has been so cold and so I wouldn't have to walk all the way out to the playground and back. (I know that sounds really lazy, but honestly, it was a blessing because I have had so much to to this past week to get ahead on my sub plans and organize my classroom.)
- Getting dressed: A) This week I noticed that I have only 2 pairs of work appropriate maternity pants that still fit. My black slacks and jeans. But the worst part about growing out of your clothes is having to sit down to put your pants on then trying to stand up and balance to pull them up. Who knew something that was so simple before could make me dread getting ready for work in the mornings. B) Putting on socks and shoes. Totally not fun. Thank goodness for Danskos because if I had to tie my shoes everyday I'd be in trouble. (Not to mention look like one of my students with them either tucked in or untied.)
- Getting out of the car if they are both parked in the garage: I now require more space to be between the car and the door. Yesterday, after going out with Casey to lunch, he pulled into the garage, got out and ran inside the house. It took me a few seconds to slid my feet inside my shoes, reach for my purse, and grab my iPad. He had already gone inside when I opened the door and it bumped the wall. I died laughing because I thought I was surely stuck. Within a minute Case opened the back door and walked out like nothing was wrong until he saw me laughing. Long story short, I tried my best and was able to squeeze through just barely but note to self: get out before he pulls in to the garage.
- Getting comfortable: Easier said than done, especially in the middle or the night or early morning. To be completely honest, anytime of the day. But night time is the worst. Try turning over. Sounds like an easy task but when I try, Casey says it consists of me waking him up due to my moaning and groaning and having to move all my five pillows. Yes, five. And usually a blanket. Then by this point I start feeling hot. So I have to kick off the covers. Yes, it is an ordeal...but welcome to my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment