I keep saying that time is flying by but the past two weeks have been at record speed! School is definitely keeping me busy. The girls that I work with keep reminding me that they will be Face Timing me during my maternity leave to keep me up to date with the most recent happenings on "The Red Hall." I keep thinking, that maternity leave is so far away but in actuality...it's not! Next week is Thanksgiving Break and then 3 and a half weeks later is "Carter Time" and Christmas break.
Some days I feel like I am barley moving and others I feel like I could concur the world. This past week, Ashley (one of the other 1st grade teachers) was walking behind me down "The Red Hall" and I didn't know it. Then all of a sudden I hear, "Carlson, you look like you're barely moving...You gonna make it?" All I could do was laugh. I guess that's what it looks like when your ready to go home after a long day at school and your classroom is the farthest one down the hall.
My doctor appointments are every week, which makes each week more exciting. Today's went well. Did the usual...tinkle in a cup, prick my finger, step on the scale, blood pressure...that kinda thing. Nothing out of the ordinary until she measured my belly. At 34 weeks and 2 days I am actually measuring 36 weeks! Carter's heart rate was in the 120's and everything was fine. She was surprised to see that I was catching back up to measuring two weeks ahead like I was back in the 20-something week range.
As I was leaving, there was a woman being wheeled over to the labor & delivery. If Carter decides to come early, that could be me in a few weeks! It definitely put things into perspective and has now got me in "start checking things off my list mode."
This week has definitely taught me you never know whats going to happen tomorrow...I have to make the most of every moment - whether that means getting things ready before Carter's arrival or spending time with friends and family; Cherish each moment you have!
Happy 34 Weeks! (Sorry for not having a Chalk Board Update!)
No comments:
Post a Comment