Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Week 28 Doctor's Visit

Last Wednesday, was my 28 week check-up along with the Glucose Tolerance Test. I wasn't too worried about how the Glucola would taste going down, my biggest concern was how my body was going to handle all that sugar. My gut instinct predicted a headache.

I had five minutes to drink the Fruit Punch flavored liquid. The first couple sips weren't terrible but about half way into it, it was like drinking syrup. Thankfully, I had a sweet nurse to talk to.  She was telling me about her son, who is also named Kasey. I kept trying to remind myself about the 5 minute rule...I think I finished around 4 minutes. Yuck!

 
With all that yuck sitting heavy in my stomach, I went back out to the waiting room and sat with Casey. An hour later, I had my blood drawn and was told I would hear back with the results within the week. Hopefully I passed it!

Next we met with the doctor's head nurse to talk about the upcoming appointments and what to expect. We tentatively scheduled our induction date...in hopes to be home before Christmas! If all goes as planned, Carter will be here December 20th!

File:PalmettoHealthBaptistHospital.jpgAfter that, we decided we would walk through the hospital and look around. It was neat getting to see nursery, and different types of rooms. It also made us realize that we don't have much longer until Carter will be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment