Sunday, October 21, 2012

30 Weeks

Hello, Third Trimester...I'm not sure how I feel about you!



So far, I am enjoying everything about being pregnant (minus the indigestion and not being able to sleep on my tummy.) Being able to feel all the kicking and movement makes it so real that we have a baby in my belly! I always tried to imagine what it would feel like...but it is not even close to what I thought. For some reason I thought I would have control over the movement but I was definitely wrong! She is constantly reminding me that she will soon be here!

I have mixed emotions about the pregnancy speeding by so fast. From the beginning weeks of it being just mine and Case's secret, to telling our friends and family, and now preparing her nursery and thinking about the upcoming baby showers...the weeks are flying by so quickly! On one hand, I want time to slow down so I can enjoy all the feelings of being pregnant and to get everything done on my "To Do List." On the other hand, I want this time to fly by because we are so excited to hold Carter in our arms. We talk about who we think she is going to look like, how things are going to be as a family of three, and joke about the sleepless nights we know that are ahead.

With close to 10 weeks left, I am also having a hard time imagining how much larger she and I will both get. I already feel like she is a big girl. When she kicks you can clearly see the movement and she recently found my ribs. My right rib cage seems to be her favorite hang out and party spot. Sometimes I try to distinguish if it's a foot or an arm and where her body is. She definitely has has gone through a growth spurt lately and so have I.
When I stand straight up and look directly down I can't see my toes. Not to mention, depending on the style shoe, getting my shoes on my feet can be a process. The other night before our walk, I asked Case to retie my shoe laces. Being the sweet hubby he is, he sat at the bottom of the stairs and tied both my shoes. I have to admit, I totally felt like one of my first grade students and couldn't help but laugh. (I really wish I had a picture of it!)

I haven't really had any cravings per say but since the seasons are changing and fall is upon us, everything pumpkin flavored makes my mouth water. Pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, and most of all pumpkin cheesecake. (As I type, I am telling myself, "Once on the lips, twice on the hips.") It all sounds so good! Thank goodness, I received my letter in the mail confirming that I PASSED MY GLUCOSE SCREENING TEST!!! (I scored 129 which fell in the normal category.)  I am so happy to be able to enjoy the holidays without having to keep track of my sugar intake.

Speaking of sugar, with Halloween quickly approaching, it is going to be so much fun watching my neighbors trick-or-treat all decked out the in their cute costumes. I can't wait to hand out candy and probably sneak a few Twix and candy corn for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment