Saturday, October 13, 2012

It's Amazing the Difference A Year Makes

I've always heard, "As you get older the years start passing by faster." It's not a lie. I can hardly believe it is October. Where has the year gone? A year ago this month...

 I was settling into my first full year of teaching at "The Pond,"

we bought and moved into our first house,



we went finishing with dad,

played tennis in the street with Lauren,

and celebrated one of my best friend's wedding.

It's amazing to fast forward a year and so much has changed...I am wearing a whole new wardrobe...maternity clothes and sharing Casey's t-shirts. Now I come home from work, put on my PJ's, rest on the couch (honestly-I usually fall asleep), Case will come home and we eat something easy for dinner (chances are I didn't cook - much less have anything planned), we  usually are in bed around 8ish, only to do it all over again the next morning. And weekends, ha, it's like our internal alarm clocks wake us up around 7ish and that's sleeping in. How come weekends tend to be the two fastest days of the week? They are never long enough!

Thinking about next October really puts things into perspective...Carter will be 10 months old and dressing up for her first Halloween. Not to mention, her first birthday will be only two months away!

Wow, it's amazing the difference a year makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment