Saturday, May 24
Experiment #1: Super cheapo pregnancy test taken at 12:56 pm and took less than 30 seconds for it to read POSITIVE.
Experiment #2: Used an over a year expired pregnancy test (it was what I had at the house) taken at 2:30 pm and took about 3 minutes for it to read POSITIVE.
Monday, May 26
Experiment #3: Brand spanking new, straight from the box pregnancy test taken at 10:06 am took 8 seconds for it to read POSITIVE.
When I saw the first positive test, I got so excited and emotional. Carter and I took a cute picture to document the moment together. We were both really excited! Can't you tell?
I immediately started brainstorming ideas of how I was going to tell Casey. I love a good surprise and the only thing I love more is when it's caught on camera. So of course my brain went crazy. My other problem was when to tell him? Since he has been working so much over the past two months, I hardly ever get to spend any quality time with him except for his one night off a week. Which was over FOUR DAYS AND FOUR HOURS AWAY! I knew it was going to be hard to wait but it would be well worth it to pull off this surprise.
During those four days, I went back and forth between ideas. Carter kept me busy while we waited for Wednesday evening to roll around. She has been obsessed with books this week. We must have read every book in her book box multiple times a day; which gave me the idea to use a book to tell Casey.
After a little research, I found the perfect book! If all goes as planned, Carter will hand the "I'm A Big Sister" book to daddy and everything will be caught on video!
(Too bad I goofed and wrote May 4th for instead of June 4th. I'll blame it on the "mommy brain." Oh well, he figured it out!)



No comments:
Post a Comment