Saturday, September 22, 2012

Nursery Update

Our extra room is starting to transform into Carter's Nursery!

When we started looking for her bedding, I didn't see anything that I really loved. Casey and I found one or two that were maybes but neither of us were "sold" on anything. After looking in different stores and online, I stumbled across a picture of bedding that both Casey and I agreed was "the one." What was supposed to be a week for delivery seemed like a month to arrive...but when it did, we loved it! 


One of the easiest choices we've had to make was on the furniture. We found what we liked online, figured out what store carried it, went to look at it, and made our decision. It is currently ordered and will hopefully be here mid-October.


Next we had to figure out what color to paint the walls. I was thinking light blue until I realized just how many shades of light blue/sky blue/aqua blue there really are. Just for fun, the woman working in the paint store pulled a large sample of this (what I thought at the time) dark coral color. I brought it home (along with what seemed like 20 something other samples) and leaned them up against the wall with the bedding. After looking at the coral for a few days, it grew on us and we ditched the blue and went with the coral.

Our final three color choices.
 
Good bye blue and green walls...Hello Coral!
 
We've also made our decision on a chair for the room. We wanted something other than the traditional rocking chair or glider so we decided on a super comfortable and pretty gliding recliner.
 
 
Now I just have to be patient for all of it to arrive...easier said than done.
 
 To Do List:
   - crown molding
   - curtains
   - wall art (we may have this chosen)
   - closet organizer
   - paint the closet  
   - deciding on a rug (found one that we like)

No comments:

Post a Comment