Sunday, September 30, 2012

27 Weeks


The past 4 weeks have been a blur. Since school started, it seems that we have stayed busy. Our mornings start between 4:30 and 5am as we both get up and get ready for work. Usually, I get home around 4:30 in the afternoons and Casey arrives sometime around 6. No wonder we both are ready for bed around 8pm.

Speaking of sleeping, it seems like my body is starting to prepare me for a baby. Since around the 24th week, I have been waking up between 2-3am and not being about to go back to sleep at least one or two nights a week...which is not fun.

Carter began kicking around week 20 and at that time it would be a sporadic gentle movement. Now, I find myself noticing my my belly moving more and more. As I was laying in bed the other night, I was doing something on my iPad and I had it resting on my belly when all of a sudden my iPad wiggled and I felt her kick. Sometimes you can see when she is kicking through my clothes and when I balance something on my belly. It's crazy to think that in the next three months she is only going to get bigger and stronger...and what's all this movement going to feel/look like then? I can't wait!!!

Maternity pants are a must now. I can still wear some cotton tops from my pre-maternity closet but I normally wear more maternity outfits. I thought finding the perfect fitting jeans was tough when I wasn't pregnant but over the past few weeks I've found that finding perfect fitting/with a-little-room-to-grow maternity jeans are even harder to find! Luckily, the search has ended and I can now throw on a pair of comfortable, cute jeans since fall weather is just around the corner.

With all these changes, it is becoming more real that Carter will be here in three short months! We have started our registry and are planning a for a few baby showers that are being thrown by some of our very generous of friends. Casey and I have always talked about how registering for our wedding took us forever but registering for Carter is taking even longer. At least when looking for household items I pretty much knew what we needed/wanted. With a baby registry, there are a million items  made by what seems like a billion different companies. It is still a work in progress, but thankfully we have some knowledgeable friends and family members to answer our trillions of questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment