Wednesday, April 18, 2012

We Are PREGNANT!


This morning was my scheduled pregnancy test at the doctor's office. After having my blood drawn, I quickly jumped in the car and drove to school. A few hours later, the doctor's office called my cell phone but I missed the call. That meant I would have to wait until my planning period to call them back.

After I took my kids to Art, I power-walked back to my room, closed the door, and locked it. My heart was pounding as I dialed the number. All I could think about was that we had prayed for a baby for over a year and I was about to find out if this was God's plan.

The nurse quickly answered the phone and to my surprise, she told me that WE'RE PREGNANT! I couldn't believe it, my emotions went haywire as I sat at my desk and tears ran down my cheek. Our prayers had been answered! A few minutes later, I realized I had half a day of school left and was going to have to get my emotions under control and keep it together.

It seemed as though the last three hours of school went by super slow. I was trying to figure out when and how I was going to tell Casey. We have always talked about how his romantic proposal was a huge surprise to me and how I wanted to get him back by surprising him with the news of our first baby.

One problem: Casey is extremely hard to surprise. He is just so dag-um smart and he picks up on everything. I secretly knew Casey thought we were pregnant so I was going to have to buy myself sometime, convince him that things came back normal (meaning not pregnant) and that I had to go back Friday for more testing of my hormone levels.

Hook-line-and-sinker...He bought it!

That night I couldn't sleep. My mind was going crazy. I laid in bed, thinking about a million bazillion different things, mostly having to do with when and how was I going to tell Casey. I tossed and turned, played on my phone, and finally decided to go downstairs to the guest bedroom to watch TV. I fell asleep for a couple hours, then woke up around 2:15 and went back upstairs to bed to try it again. Bad decision on my part because I was never able to fall back asleep and I accidentally woke Casey up. Oops.

After all this time to think, I had devised my plan. I was going to wait until Friday after my second test to surprise him. Thankfully, later I thought about him having the day off and probably insisting on going with me. Not to mention, Friday night was my Bunco Party and I didn't want to be rushed for time. So Thursday afternoon was my best option.

So combine one of his favorite things to do (jokingly: an old man tendency) and one of his favorite things to drink, add a cute note and voilรก - I had my idea!





No comments:

Post a Comment