Thursday, April 19, 2012

Telling the Daddy To Be

Even though I didn't sleep much last night, I was 'bright eyed and bushy tailed,' a term often used by one of our favorite professors at PC. I ate breakfast with Casey, sent him off to work, and as soon as his buddy picked him up for work, I ran upstairs to take an at home pregnancy test - just to confirm our results from yesterday. Out of a bunch that I have taken, I had never actually seen a positive test for my own two eyes so of course I had to take one. I always sit it on the counter and come back in three minutes but today I decided I would watch it...all of 12 seconds and I saw two pink lines!

I had my game plan and was ready to tell Casey. He thought I couldn't sleep well last night because I was upset about having a negative test. Poor guy, I kinda felt bad for leading him on but I knew it was the ONLY way catch him off guard!

The school day was the slowest day ever! I mean grandma and grandpa out on a Sunday drive, slow. I was out of there as soon as I put my kids on the bus.

Finally home, I felt like I had so much to do.

I had to make this:


A couple weeks ago, while at Publix, Casey conned me into letting him get a 12 pack of Pepsi and a 12 pack of Mountain Dew. I don't like for soda to be in the house, but he loves having one in the evening. I have begged and pleaded for him to stop drinking them, but he won't give in. So while we were on the soda aisle he randomly said something along the lines of "Once you get pregnant, I will give up sodas for nine months." 

We just finished studying homonyms a few weeks ago at school so when I thought about it, it was a no brainer to me...I just had to do it!















Put it in here.



Casey, like an old person, enjoys checking the mailbox everyday when he gets home from work.


















I had to borrow an extra camera from a super-duper, amazing neighbor. Then set up the cameras to record him when opening the mail box, walking through the front door, and the still shot (singular-argh! I was nervous and didn't get a good shot). 






And wait on this handsome fellow to arrive.

























At a little after 6:00 Casey arrived home and this is what happened next:


If you can't see the video try this link: http://youtu.be/cYXh4C7AAQg


 
We are so excited and thankful for the little blessing on the way!























Casey insisted that we celebrate by going out to dinner at one of our favorite places, Bonefish Grill.




1 comment: